Nope, the other Levi-Strauss.
























Claude Levi Strauss Nov. 28 1908-Oct. 31 2009

I am not an intellectual. Sure, I would love to be one....but I am not. However, I don't have any problem standing on the shoulders of giants and in the world of anthropology and ethnology, this guy is a giant. Anyone who has the mental fortitude to go toe-to-toe with Jean-Paul Sarte over the nature of human freedom is packing some quality gray-matter.

Claude Levi-Strauss died on Oct 31, 2009 just before his 101st birthday. He was an author, anthropologist, ethnologist, philosopher, professor, and amazing thinker who transformed the way we look at human nature.

You should brush up on the details here. Then, like me, order this book.

Comments

  1. Dude, you are a machine. The good kind. I regret staying away so long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment